CST PhD Student
research interests: prison abolition studies, Chicanx literature, culture, and politics, Critical race and ethnic studies, Latinx critical theory, LGBTQIA and queer of color studies, Chicanx/Latinx decolonial feminisms, written and oral narratives, social justice, queer theory
fellowships, grants, etc:
- Mellon Public Scholars Fellowship (2019)
- Mellon Initiative in Racial Capitalism Summer Fellowship (2018)
- Women's Resources and Research Center Summer Graduate Research Award (2018)
- Hemispheric Institute of the Americas Summer Field Research Award (2018)
- Summer Research Fellowship from the Mellon Initiative in Comparative Border Studies (2018)
- IRT Undergraduate Fellowship (2017-18)
- B.A., with Honors, Department of English Literature, Westminster College, April 2016, Specialization: Literary Criticism
- Honors Thesis: “‘It’s Just Me Against the World’: Minority Identity and Resistance in Chicana Prison Narratives”
- “Envisioning Abolition through Coalition: Xicanx/Latinx, Black, and Indigenous Voices on Carcerality.” ASC Conference, Criminology in the New Era: Confronting Injustice and Inequalities. San Francisco, CA. November 2019.
- “Organizing Belonging in California: Stories of Incarceration, Immigration, and Music-Making by Mellon Public Scholars at UC Davis.” Imagining America 20th Anniversary National Gathering, “Mighty Dreams: Designing and Fostering Belonging in ‘America.”’ Albuquerque, NM. October 2019.
- “Femme Technologies as Tools of Subversion and Resistance within Mexican (Im)migrant Womxn Digital Narratives.” De-Carceral Futures: Bridging Prison and Immigration Justice. Kingston, Ontario. May 2019.
- “Femme Technologies as Tools of Subversion and Resistance within Mexican (Im)migrant Womxn Digital Narratives.” Convivencia y Resistencia: Fronterizas for Social Justice: University of Texas, El Paso. El Paso, TX. August 2018.
- "Muxeres Juntas, Ya No Difuntas” : Femme Technologies as Tools of Subversion and Resistance within Mexican (Im)migrant Femme Digital Narratives." Womxn/ Non-Binary People of Color Scholars Inclusion Conference. Davis, CA. May 2018.
- “Pedagogies of Dissent: Teaching for Social Justice in the Carceral State.” Globalization, Diversity, and Education Conference. Spokane, WA. February 2018.
- “Humanizing Deportation - Stories from the Ground.” Presentation at Centro Cultural de Tijuana.Tijuana Baja California, Mexico. February 2018.
- "Humanizing Deportation - Stories from the Ground.” Presentation at Verge Center for the Arts. Sacramento, CA. December 2017.
- Organized Panel at Westminster College titled: “Disrupting the U.S. Master Narrative of Undocumented Latinx Immigrants in the 21st Century”
- “‘It’s Just Me Against the World’”: Minority Identity and Resistance in Chicana Prison Narratives,” Westminster Undergraduate Research Fair Presentation April 2016
- “‘It’s Just Me Against the World’”: Minority Identity and Resistance in Chicana Prison Narratives,” The Myriad (2016).
- Gertrude, Sexuality, and Shakespeare,” The Myriad (2015).
training development & speaking engagements
- Workshop Attendee, Xicanx Institute for Teaching and Organizing
- Napa, CA 2017
- Tucson, AZ 2018
- Workshop Facilitator, Incarcerated Workers Organizing Committee “The Importance of Writing to People Behind Bars.”
Sacramento, CA 2019