CST PhD Candidate
- Cultural Studies Graduate Group
Research Interests: Mad studies, trans studies, critical disability studies, speculative fiction, critical/post/anti-psychiatry, critical digital humanities, science & technology studies, cripistemologies, poetics, trans/crip health politics, experimental humanities, critical neurodiversity studies, food/eating studies, posthumanism, multispecies justice.
B.A. Critical Social Thought. Mount Holyoke College. 2020.
Selected Academic Publications:
- “Burrito Texts: Mel Baggs and the Language of Crip Life.” Forthcoming. Review of Disability Studies.
- “The Queer Aut of Failure: Cripistemic Openings for Postgraduate Life.” 2022. Lateral: Journal of the Cultural Studies Association.
- “Toward transMad Epistemologies: A Working Text.” 2022. Spark: A 4C4Equality Journal.
- “Blogging to Counter Epistemic Injustice: Trans disabled digital micro-resistance.” with Alexandre Baril. 2021. Disability Studies Quarterly.
Selected Literary Publications:
- “Have you seen my autism?” and “When I taste blood” in Electric Literature. https://electricliterature.com/two-poems-by-sarah-cavar-2/
- “The Beholding & Beheld: Madness and the Question of Care” in Nat. Brut. https://www.natbrut.com/sarah-cavar
- “A complete family / hstry” in Honey Literary. https://www.honeyliterary.com/issue4/hybrid-a-complete-family-hstry-by-sarah-cavar.
- “Late Summer Dispatch” in Princemere Poetry (winner of the 2021 Princemere Poetry Prize). http://www.princemere.com/contest21.html
- Failure to Comply (forthcoming 2024, featherproof books). Hybrid novel.
- bugbutter (2022, Gap Riot Press). Poetry Chapbook.
- Out of Mind & Into Body (2022, Ethel Press). Hybrid Chapbook.
- The Dream Journals (2021, giallo lit). Prose Chapbook.
- A Hole Walked In (2021, Sword & Kettle Press). Prose Chapbook.